Research and Development
Tokyo New Drug Research Laboratories and Fuji Research
Laboratories are the core centers for our research and development
activities in Japan.
At the Tokyo New Drug Research Laboratories we conduct extensive research activities, including searching for new materials and product opportunities and their biological screening, molecular design, and preclinical studies such as biokinetic studies of medicine.
The Fuji Research Laboratories have two research divisions: 1) safety research and drug formulation research, where researchers are dedicated to product safety testing, and 2) research on drug delivery systems (DDS) for efficiently delivering drugs to the target site, development of new dosage forms, development of over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, and production of investigational agents.
We are working on research and development of our global products mainly in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Target Areas of R&D
Sensory organ diseases
As of September 30, 2023
Development Code /
|Target Disease /
|HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor
|HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor/
|Rho kinase inhibitor
|Glaucoma and ocular
|Fuchs endothelial corneal
|Selective PPARα modulator
|Primary biliary cholangitis
Selective PPARα modulator/
- · Only a product in Clinical Stage is listed. This list does not include all of the products.
- · A product in Clinical Stage is defined as a product for which a regulatory procedure has been made for initiation of a first clinical trial (i.e. Investigational New Drug application in US, Clinical Trial Application in Europe, Clinical Trial Notification in Japan, or a similar process in other regions) and a decision for discontinuation/suspension of clinical development activities has not been made or regulatory approval has not been obtained in any regions where approval is anticipated.
- · A product assigned with International Nonproprietary Name (INN) is listed as its nonproprietary name. Otherwise, a development code is used.
- · This list shows the most advanced development phase for a product which is in more than one phase amongst countries and/or regions. In addition, countries where regulatory application for marketing authorization (e.g. New Drug Application in US) has been filed with an approval yet to be granted, are also listed.
- · This list also includes a product in Clinical Stage for new indication(s) even if it has been already approved for different indication(s).