Kowa Company, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Kowa”) recognizes the importance of personal information and handles personal information properly as follows:
1. Observance of laws and regulations, and personal information protection system
Kowa observes laws, regulations and guidelines related to personal information, has established a management system for the protection of personal information and strives for its continuous improvement.
2. Acquisition of personal information
Kowa acquires personal information by proper means. In addition, Kowa notifies the principal or otherwise announces the purpose of use in the acquisition of personal information.
3. Use of personal information
Kowa handles personal information within the scope of the purpose of use notified to the principal or announced.
In addition, Kowa does not use personal information based on improper methods such as encouraging illegal or unjust acts.
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
Kowa does not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the consent of the principal in advance, except in cases established in law.
5. Management of personal information
Kowa strives to keep personal information accurate and up to date, and takes organizational, human, physical and technological safety management measures so that personal information is not exposed to risks such as theft, leakage, falsification or loss.
If the disclosure, correction or discontinuation of use of personal information is requested by the principal, Kowa responds appropriately in accordance with the provisions of law. In addition, if a complaint is received from the principal, Kowa investigates the facts without delay and strives to handle it with sincerity.
Established on April 1, 2005
Last revised on May 25, 2022
Handling of Personal Information
Kowa Company, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Kowa”) announces the following matters as a personal information handling business operator based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
1. Acquisition of personal information and its purposes of use
Kowa acquires and uses personal information within the scope required to achieve the following purposes of use.
Purposes of use of personal information
- - To provide customers information on products Kowa handles
- - To gather information required for R&D, manufacturing, sales and post-sales service for the products Kowa handles
- - To provide guidance on exhibitions, seminars, academic meetings, etc., concerning the products Kowa handles
- - To gather or provide customers with information to maintain or improve the quality, safety, etc., of the products Kowa handles
- - To provide guidance on and implement various events including campaigns and questionnaires
- - To respond to inquiries, requests, etc., from customers
- - To provide information to and communicate with applicants during hiring and recruitment activities
- - To exchange information and communicate with industry and group officials related to Kowa’s business
- - To implement other business of Kowa appropriately and smoothly
Please refer to our “Corporate Profile”on Kowa’s website for the main products that Kowa handles.
2. Disclosure and provision of personal information to third parties
(1) Kowa does not provide the personal information of customers to third parties except in cases that fall under one of the following categories.
- - Cases where the consent of the principal has been obtained
- - Cases where disclosure or provision are requested based on the law
- - Cases where it is required for the protection of a person’s life, physical safety or property and obtaining the consent of the principal is difficult
- - Cases where it is required for the improvement of public hygiene or the healthy development of children and obtaining the consent of the principal is difficult
- - Cases where the cooperation of Kowa is required for a state or local government organization to implement matters established by law and it is possible that obtaining the consent of the principal may hinder the implementation of said matters
- - Other cases where legally approved measures have been taken
(2) Apart from the above, there are cases where Kowa entrusts personal information within the scope required to a contractor entrusted with personal information handling work in order to perform Kowa’s work smoothly, but in such cases, Kowa concludes a contract on the appropriate handling of personal information with the contractor and supervises the contractor appropriately.
(3) Kowa uses personal information jointly within the following scope.
[Joint use with Kowa group companies]
-  Items of personal information used jointly
Name, address, telephone number, FAX number, email address, affiliation (company name, department name, title, etc.), matters concerning inquiries, matters concerning product purchasing, matters concerning contracts
-  Scope of parties using personal information jointly
Kowa group companies
-  Purpose of use by joint users
As per “Purposes of use of personal information” above
-  Manager responsible for personal information
Kowa Company, Ltd.
[Joint use of medical database]
Kowa uses the personal information of a medical database jointly with Nihon Ultmarc Inc. Please refer to the website of Nihon Ultmarc Inc. with regard to the items and scope of personal information used jointly, the responsible manager, purposes of use, etc.
3. Measures taken for safety management
(Formulation of basic policy)
•Kowa has formulated a basic policy to secure the proper handling of personal information.
(Maintenance of discipline related to the handling of personal information)
•Kowa has formulated regulations on the handling of personal information concerning handling methods, responsible managers, personnel and their duties, etc.
(Organizational safety management measures)
•Kowa has established responsible managers for the handling of personal information and clarified handling standards, and maintains a system for reporting and communication to responsible managers in the event that the occurrence of a leakage or other concern, or a legal violation is grasped.
(Human security management measures)
•Kowa implements regular training for employees on matters that require attention with regard to the handling of personal information.
•Kowa has laid out matters concerning the confidentiality of personal information are stated in the Employment Regulations.
(Physical safety management measures)
•Kowa controls the entrance and exit of employees, etc., in rooms in areas where important information systems are managed.
•Kowa takes measures to prevent the theft or loss, etc., of equipment used to handle personal information, electronic media, documents, etc., and implements measures so that personal information is not identified easily.
(Technological safety management measures)
•Kowa implements access control and restricts personnel and the scope of personal information that they handle.
•Kowa has introduced mechanisms that protect information systems used in the handling of personal information from unauthorized access from outside and malware.
(Grasping of the external environment)
•Kowa implements safety management measures after grasping the systems for the protection of personal information in each country where it stores personal information.
Customers can disable cookies by manipulating the browser settings. In this case, they may become unable to use some functions. Please check the “Help” menu of the browser you use for how to change the cookie settings.
5. Disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use, etc., of personal information
(1) Disclosure of personal information
If it receives a request for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure of the details or records of the provision to third parties of personal information, Kowa discloses that information without delay, including whether or not such information exists.
(2) Correction, addition, deletion, discontinuation of use, erasure and discontinuation of provision to third parties of personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Correction, etc.”)
If it receives a request for the Correction, etc., of personal information, Kowa investigates the details of that request without delay, performs the Correction, etc., within a reasonable range and informs the person who made the request of the results.
6. Contact for inquiries
Please contact the Consultation Desk at Kowa below if you wish to make a complaint, consult or inquire about personal information. Please understand that if it is necessary to confirm that you are the principal or agent when you do so, we will implement separate procedures for confirmation.
- Inquiries by post
Personal Information Consultation Desk, Internal Control Department, Kowa Company, Ltd.
6-29, Nishiki 3-chome, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 460-8625
- Inquiries by email